Monday, September 05, 2005

100 things about me

  1. My eyes are blue
  2. I was born in Provo, UT
  3. I have had a cornea transplant in each of my eyes
  4. I have enough hair for 4 people
  5. I LOVE pedicures
  6. My favorite color is PINK
  7. I am very impressionable and tend to be a copy cat
  8. I am a firm believer of, “imitation is the sincerest form of flattery”
  9. I have an older brother and a younger sister. I am Jan Brady
  10. I have a weakness for purses and blank note books/journals
  11. My Dad took me to get my ears pierced when I was 10
  12. I love the smell of babies little heads
  13. I have 2 nieces and one nephew – biologically. I am “Aunt-kel” to dozens of other children as well
  14. My craft room/Studio is painted light blue
  15. No matter how old I get I will always love Shirley Temple movies
  16. I have self diagnosed Adult-Attention-Deficit-Disorder
  17. I could write a book about all of the unfinished projects I have in my craft room. I would never finish it though…
  18. Favorite line in a movie is from Hook – it goes, “I hate, I hate, I hate PETER PAN!!!”
  19. I don’t hate Peter Pan
  20. I have been a brides maid 6 times
  21. I am a night owl
  22. My blood type is Diet Coke… from McDonalds
  23. I love to quilt
  24. I LOVE the ballet
  25. I also love Irish Step Dancing
  26. I play the flute
  27. I have horrible hay fever for what seems like the majority of the year
  28. I used to baby sit one of my dearest and best friends. I now baby sit for her!!!
  29. I went to high school with another one of my dearest and best friends. I baby sit for her too.
  30. I sleep primarily on my left side
  31. If you don’t get the humor in Arrested Development I am not sure you can be my friend
  32. My favorite places to visit are Houston and Portland because of the people there
  33. I love the smell of vanilla
  34. I watch the Sound of Music every time it is on TV
  35. My math skills are sadly lacking
  36. I was 36 when I wrote this list
  37. I am a pack rat. I need to go to a support group for it
  38. I have never broken a bone
  39. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am a Mormon
  40. I love wearing flip flops
  41. My phone is pink with Hello Kitty Wallpaper
  42. I have to sleep with a fan running for the noise
  43. I love anything and everything French!
  44. I could be friends with Clinton and Stacy from What not to wear, although they would hate how I dress
  45. Favorite ice-cream: Haagen Dazs Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
  46. I love big sunglasses
  47. I think The Office is pure genius
  48. The dresser I use in my bed room is the same one my parents used when they were first married. I love it.
  49. I tend to speak without thinking first
  50. I went to BYU
  51. I HATE the Hiccups!
  52. I have to put the toilet paper on the roll so it rolls over the top. I will change it in other people’s homes if it is not that way.
  53. I love watching cheerleading competitions
  54. I buy most of my clothes from Eddie Bauer and Jjill
  55. I am proud to be a Republican and I love my country
  56. I love fabric almost as much as I love chocolate
  57. I watch White Christmas every year Thanks Giving weekend
  58. I am in two Bonko groups
  59. I wear socks around the house when it’s chilly but seldom do I wear socks with my shoes
  60. If there is a Sephora within a 50 mile radius of where I am I will go
  61. Strangely enough I don’t wear that much make-up
  62. The right song can change my mood
  63. If asked I will say that my favorite book is Atlas Shrugged but it is Pride and Prejudice that I will read over and over again.
  64. I don’t like my hand writing
  65. I love a good storm as long as I don’t have to drive in it
  66. If I had a million dollars I would buy you a monkey
  67. I have every issue of Martha Stewart Weddings – but I a not yet married
  68. If my house were on fire and I had to grab one thing, besides Tootsie, it would be my red kitchen-aide mixer
  69. I think my real hair color is light brown – right now I pay good money for it to be blondish-brown
  70. I also pay good money to get my eye lashes dyed
  71. It drives me crazy when pictures are hung too high on the wall
  72. When I grow up I want to be Paula Dean
  73. I have been to a Red Sox game at Fenway park
  74. I have seen Wicked on Broadway twice and would pay to see it a dozen more times
  75. I love buying office supplies
  76. I have a small mole above my left eye
  77. I cannot carry a tune but I love to sing at the top of my lungs in the car
  78. When I was young I wanted to be a writer when I grew up
  79. I subscribe to way too many magazines
  80. I am a Mac girl trapped in a PC world
  81. One of my favorite gifts I have ever received was a cordless drill
  82. I love the change of the seasons
  83. I love the idea of having long hair but I hate how long it takes to dry mine so I keep it short
  84. All time favorite thing I heard one of my friends say to their kids while I was on the phone with her: “Stop licking your sister!”
  85. My sister-in-law is my dad’s favorite child.
  86. Luckily I love and adore my sister-in-law
  87. My brother is OK too
  88. I don’t have a conscience when I am on vacation
  89. My ultimate dream is to be a SAHM
  90. I love gadgets
  91. I am an angry driver
  92. I have a Hello Kitty frame around my license plate
  93. If I ever have a boy I would like to name him Carter
  94. If I ever have a girl I would like to name her Annie
  95. I have never been out of the country – I have been to Toronto but that doesn’t count
  96. I sleep with a night guard so I don’t grind my teeth
  97. I am my worst critic
  98. I love making lists but this one has been hard
  99. I have the most impressive hair cowlicks when I wake up in the morning
  100. Tulips are my favorite flower

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You are such a talented and special person and I am SO happy that I had you take care and tend my children when Bart and I wanted to get away for a few days! You always did a great job and I'm happy you take care of Lily and Sophie too. You are going to be the best mom ever in the future! Jen loves you so much and I'm very pleased you two keep up with each other and are best friends. I was so happy as I read about the many projects you always do. Making quilts for everyone is amazing and you realize how important service is. Life is about service others and you know that too. Heavenly Father loves you so much and so do all of us!! Loves, Linda

Jen Tornow said...

Great list! Anyone who loves The Office and Arrested Development has got to be pretty cool! :)

Anonymous said...

Raquel- YOU are so funny!!! I would add that you look the same now as you did when you were in High School- You never really did the big 80's hair- Probably because you would have had REALLY big hair! You are a great person! I liked reading your list-Mine would not be as interesting!! Ange Beaird Craven- long lost friendly Bengalette

Jill said...

Hey Raquel, I'm checking out your 100 list to get to know you better and can already tell you're my kind of gal. I bought Season One of Arrested Development on Monday night with a Christmas Giftcard (too much info) and laughed all day yesterday as I watched. It's my favorite show!

Back when I used to drink Diet Coke (aka sweet nectar) McDonald's was my favorite place to get it, it's the best from there.

I put toilet paper so it rolls over the top, though I don't switch it at other people's homes, that's funny.

I love cheerleading competitions.
I went to BYU.
I turned 36 last year.
I'm Mormon.
I think the Office is pure genius.

Apparently I could go on and on.

kortnikae said...

Raquel, Raquel, Raquel, we have waaay too much in common!
Until my LAP-Band surgery, my blood type was also Diet Coke. I can still smell it when someone opens a can... sweetest... sound... ever...

I too love Arrested Development (Mr. F!), Martha, pedi's, my short hair, Sephora, collecting make-up, Clinton & Stacy are my heroes, cookie dough ice cream... really it goes on!

kortnikae said...

Oh! I forgot to mention, I also change people's toilet paper to go over the top. Why, why would you want it to be under? I really just don't get it. It's a sickness I'm sure.

Lisa F said...

What's an SAHM dear?
I ALWAYS change people's toilet paper to over the top--and in public restrooms if I'm able. ;)