Sunday, August 28, 2005

quelque chose lumière (Something light)

Most recent reading:

The Historian
1984
Harry Potter 6
Anna Karenina

For some reason my book choices as of late have been very dark and/or sad. Anna Karenina certainly doesn’t have a happy ending and while I LOVED reading the latest Harry Potter it left me a bit depressed. 1984, while very powerful, is not really an uplifting story and The Historian is about Dracula (but I loved it!!!).

I usually keep something at least semi-intellectual going on the side – I hope to start 1776 very soon.

I need something light and happy. Any ideas?

2 comments:

Mrs. Peterson said...

I am reading Eragon and the sequel Eldest right now. Yes, they are dragonlore but they are alright. Not my top ten but they are not dark and drama, drama, drama. (what movie is that from?)
Also the 6th Jamie and Clair book is coming out on September 27th so you only have a few more days to get all the other books read.

And....and....Diane Gabaldon is coming to Salt Lake for a book signing. Have you ever been to one? I am thinking I sortof want to go just because I have never been to one and I have read all her books and it might be something to do. Would you be interested? I think it is in October. At the King's English which I think is at 15th and 15th by Starbucks.

Jen said...

I am reading the same thing she is reading.

You might also want to try author Mary Janice Donaldson (or Davidson). Very funny.