Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Life is so short

I attended a funeral today of a girl - a woman actually - who I didn't really know personally. Back in the days when I would baby sit, one of the girls I sat for was good friends with Bunny. These girls I would baby sit had A LOT of friends - while I couldn't name most of them I always remembered Bunny - she was one of the nice ones (girls can be so mean to each other - I don't remember Bunny ever being one of them). My memories of Bunny were of her humor and her funny faces - I didn't spend a great deal of time with her but she did leave an impression. Over the years I would get updates on what Bunny was up to - when she got married - when she had babies. It broke my heart when I figured out that it was Bunny that had been hit while bicycling in Draper last week. She left behind two little girls (3 yrs and 4 months) and a husband that adored her.

Sitting in the funeral hearing more about the life this girl had lead was so bitter sweet. She became just as nice and funny as she was when she was just a girl. She had accomplished so much in the 29 years she was given on this earth. I left that funeral wanting to be a better person - I think many left feeling that way.

My thoughts and prayers surround her little family...


2 comments:

R. Jeffrey said...

Thanks for writing down those memories. Yes, we do NOT know how long we will be here or what impressions we will leave for others.

Jill said...

It's always tragic when someone dies young, but even more so when it is a young mother with small children.

When I was pregnant with Whitney I was almost inconsolable at the thought of dying young and having my children not remember me. (I was told a similar story by a woman in my ward at the time.)