Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Je suis fini (I am finished)

It took me For-ev-er but I am finally finished with the denim quilt. Really it didn't take that long I just kept putting off finishing it up.
This is the front side:

You can click on the image for a bigger picture. This quilt is for one of my best friend's Sister-in-law. I was happy to make it for my friend to give as a birthday gift - she paid me well to make it but I have to say that unless I like you a lot-a lot or I am related to you - not too distantly - I am not going to offer my services for your old jeans for less than $300. It isn't necessarily a hard quilt, it just takes some time and it is just hard manipulating so much denim.

Of course - the minute I made this decision to limit my sewing services my friend's sister-in-law called me and went on and on about how much she loved the quilt and asked if I would make one out of her brother's old jeans - he is dying of lung cancer and she wants his son to have something to remember his dad. How could I say no to that? I will probably cry the entire time I am sewing it.

Because the pile of jeans included numerous pairs of worn out Tommy Hilfig3rs I made the back of the quilt look like this:


3 comments:

Kevin said...

Tommy would be proud.

Jen said...

I love it! Good for you-- this may be the start of a wonderful new career :)

I make denim quilts too, hurriedly, and out of huge chunks of jeans, so mine are just functional-- that is it.

Mrs. Peterson said...

Wonderful! Gorgeous! Incredible! I just bow down before the talent.