Wednesday, January 13, 2010

the year 2009 in review: 1st Installment

Looking back at 2009 I have lots and lots to report on that I never posted about. In hind site it would have been far less work to post about these reportable events shortly after they took place rather than try and do a cram-reporting-session at the end of the year - never mind the fact that those posts would have been better with more pictures.

but I digress...

I will attempt to work my way through the year month by month starting with January. Luckily for you there were a couple of months that nothing of significance happened so this won't take long.

The first week of January I left for a cruise with 4 of my high school girlfriends. This was the year we all turned 40 and we decided to celebrate. I had no business wearing a swimsuit in January (or any other month for that matter) so I took to the tanning salon and pulled a Ross. (just so you know, the color does get darker as the post spray-tan-experience progresses) Luckily, there were a boat-load of other people from all over the world who also had no business wearing a swimsuit in January so I blended right in.

Here we all are after a day in the sun at dinner. - Sherie and I are standing in the back and Tiffany, Stacey and Jill are sitting.
At one of the ports, Sherie and I took an excursion to a private beach for a yummy lunch and an afternoon hanging out in the sand. I even braved the open ocean and ventured out on a sea kayak.
This was our waiter, Benji. He rocked - always had our drinks of choice ready and waiting for us and on lobster night started us out with two entrees a piece. We LOVED Benji.

This was our morning waiter - His name was Edgar and we loved him too. (yes there is a pattern here, don't judge us.) He always remembered who drank Diet Coke and who drank it straight up and didn't bring us our drinks in the sissy medium glasses like everyone else - he knew his audience well.
Just a little mosaic detailing some of our fun
Seriously, this was a great trip - I would totally go on a cruise with these girls again - the girls who 'sissied'-out were missed but we will make sure they will be there in 4 years when we go again.

2 comments:

Mendon Packs said...

Thanks for the post! What fun memories!

Unknown said...

OHHHHH! I miss the cruise! Great memories! Can't wait for the next one! Love ya!