Friday, April 04, 2008

Day 2 at Chez Danelli

The 2nd day of my stay at Chez Danelli was just as wonderful as day one. I slept in and when I got up Dani and Sophie had already made their way to the bakery across town and returned with divine cupcakes. We hung around the house and then after Sophie woke up from her nap we made our way to the Wooden Shoe Tulip festival. Tulips were everywhere!!! It was wonderful - we were lucky enough to have a sunny day.

We even took a ride on the cow-train but I had to be different and sit in the bright yellow wooden shoe. I am sure I looked as ridiculous as I felt but it was fun to be driven around the tulip fields. It was so nice to just hang out being surrounded by fields and fields of tulips and soaking up the sun.

Here I am in my gigantic wooden shoe --
(I can't wait to hear what kevin and Mike have to say about this picture)

Danelli and Sophie in one of the cow cars

After the festival we headed home and Dani made dinner - a yummy vegetable sandwich and her delicious homemade potato cheese soup (a Paula Dean recipe which includes shrimp but Dani makes it without the shrimp and added shredded Pepper jack cheese on top - sooooooo good).

After Sophie went to bed we watched some T.V., did some reading and had another cupcake, of course.

A perfectly relaxing day ---

5 comments:

Jen said...

Looks like fun! I'm ABSOLUTELY DYING at the gigantic yellow wooden shoe. See you soon!

Queen Lisa said...

Ohhhh, to live in a shoe. A stylish shoe. You can't fit any children in that shoe. How divine!

Kevin said...

If the shoe fits...

marta said...

wow! that shoe kart is awesome.. and what a beautiful place to be, seeing that you are a tulip gal! i hope you have a fabulous time..

oh and when is that birthday of yours?!

Mike said...

Makes me sorry I gave up my shoe fetish.